Health & Safety
We are a small, family-run winery that calls this vineyard home. The safety of our guests, staff and the community is of utmost importance to us. We’re taking all necessary precautions as outlined by the Centre for Disease Control (CDC), local health officials, and regional winery associations. We will continue to strive for the best visitor experience with compliance, comfort and safety top-of-mind. As per the PHO guidelines, guests joining us for a tasting, tour or picnic should be doing so with their household. For people who live alone, this should be with a maximum of two people they regularly interact with (core bubble).
Here is a list of policies & guidelines to ensure the safety of all guests and staff when at Tightrope:
- RESERVATIONS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Walk-in tastings available only when space and time permits.
- Maximum 6 guests per tasting.
- Please wait for staff to welcome you and lead you to your tasting while maintaining physical distancing.
- There is a hand sanitizer available as you walk in the front door. Please use it upon entering and leaving
- Our staff will guide you through the tasting process while maintaining a safe distance. Please follow the instructions provided to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Host will collect contact information for one party member of each tasting and retain this information for 30 days.
- Signage posted prior to entry asking guests
- if they have travelled internationally in the last 14 days or are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- promoting physical distancing and floor markers used for potential host stand line ups.
- Tasting stations are separated by 3m at a minimum, so that distancing between parties is maintained.
- We will carefully monitor the number of customers and staff on premise continuously throughout the day. Once the maximum occupancy reached, one person allowed in for every person that leaves.
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier at our checkout to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
- Glassware is sanitized in our restaurant grade dishwasher after each use.
- All contact surfaces to be sanitized before and after each tasting, including seating, tables, menus, plexiglass and iPads, using two stage process outlined in the WorkSafe BC.
- One staff member per shift dedicated to frequently sanitizing all high touch surfaces and washrooms.
- Bottles are not to touch glassware during pouring to avoid cross contamination.
- Individual cups offered for use as spittoons.
- Debit or credit card purchases only. All payment terminals will be cleaned down after every use.
- Tightrope will continue to offer online or telephone orders with delivery or curbside pick-up.
- Have been trained on proper sanitization and personal hygiene requirements consistent with the BC Centre for Disease Control.
- Have been trained on the symptom criteria for COVID-19 and physical distancing requirements.
- Required to inform management of any COVID-19 symptoms & quarantine for 14 days.
- Operating hours to allow for one-team shift per day along with single role per employee per shift.
- Instructed to wash hands frequently and between all tastings. Additionally, hands must be washed after using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, going on a break and before or after starting a shift.
- Will wear masks when physical distancing requirements cannot be maintained.
- Must sanitize the tasting space between each customer including counters, plexiglass and iPads.
- Designated work zones have been created to ensure social distancing.